Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Socrates encouraged students to?» often ask the following questions:
🎓 Socrates believed that students should?
Learn to think for themselves
- What students are encouraged to through brainstorming?
- How did socrates think that students learn best?
- What did socrates encourage his students to ask?
🎓 How did socrates teach his students?
His style of teaching—immortalized as the Socratic method—involved not conveying knowledge, but rather asking question after clarifying question until his students arrived at their own understanding… Socrates was accused of corrupting the youth of Athens and sentenced to death.
- Are older students encouraged to enter emory university?
- How can students be encouraged to do homework?
- Should students be encouraged to cheat in school?
🎓 How many students did socrates teach?
If you consider all those taught or educated directly or indirectly by Socrates as the figure in Plato’s dialogues then thousands,perhaps tens of thousands. In a sense Socrates taught everyone who has read one or more of the Dialogues. 153 views Sponsored by Best Gadget Advice
- Why are students encouraged to go to college?
- Why students are encouraged to go to college?
- Plato student of socrates?
1 other answer
challenge each other's statements
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Socrates encouraged students to?» so you can surely find the answer!Who was socrates student?
PlatoPlato, (born 428/427 bce, Athens, Greece—died 348/347, Athens), ancient Greek philosopher, student of Socrates (c. 470–399 bce), teacher of Aristotle (384–322 bce), and founder of the Academy, best known as the author of philosophical works of unparalleled influence. Why are students of the arts encouraged to learn about science and science students encouraged to learn about the arts?
In order for everyone to be well rounded.
- Socrates taught by asking questions that forced his students to use logic. When teachers ask questions that encourage students to draw conclusions, they are using the “Socratic method” of teaching. A priest called the Oracle of Delphi pronounced Socrates the wisest man in Greece.
WATCH: How A Teacher Encouraged Her Students With An ‘F’. 05/02/2013 10:45 pm ET Updated Jul 03, 2013. TED and The Huffington Post are excited to bring you TEDWeekends, a curated weekend program that introduces a powerful “idea worth spreading” every Friday, anchored in an exceptional TEDTalk. This week’s TEDTalk is accompanied by an original blog ...Should public caning should be encouraged for school students?
Yes they should. However, educating them on internet safety and cyber space dangers need to be known before you let them surf the internet freely. I hope that helps:)
Plato was one of Socrates' students. He was a philosopher and mathematician who lived from around 424 BC to 347 BC.
Yes, of course, but not until adulthood and university. It is most important in subjective subjects such as psychology, history, economics, and social and political sciences. A teacher's assumptions and biases should always be questioned. Students should be taught how to think, not obey to the prevailing school of thought, as promoted by special interest groups which influence universities.
Carole Newlands talks about being named a Distinguished Professor, why to study classics and how Ovid matters today. Carole Newlands began learning Latin at the age of 11 as a schoolgirl in Scotland. As a university student, she discovered the poetry of Ovid and, later, the joy of teaching.Why do freshmen students get encouraged to learn tge ceed?
6. Change your perspective. Continuous learning opens your mind and changes your attitude by building on what you already know. The more you learn, the better you’ll get at seeing more sides of ...The cheerleader's buoyant personality encouraged the students to support their team?
Science and Art are closely related and often overlap.How long was plato socrates' student?
he was a Socrates student for 16 years
The person who wrote the most about him was his student, Plato. But it is clear to everyone that many of the thoughts that Plato reports in the name of his teacher were uttered not by this teacher but by the student himself. In a sense, Socrates was Plato’s character, as a novelist has a character and lets him speak the writer’s thoughts.Was plato a student of socrates?
Plato was a philosopher during the 5th century BCE. He was a student of Socrates and later taught Aristotle. He founded the Academy, an academic program which many consider to be the first Western university. Plato wrote many philosophical texts—at least 25.Where did socrates go to college?
Colleges did not exist at that time.
PlatoHis most famous student was Plato (l. c. 428/427-348/347 BCE) who would honor his name through the establishment of a school in Athens (Plato's Academy) and, more so, through the philosophical dialogues he wrote featuring Socrates as the central character. Who was a student of socrates?
PlatoPlato was a philosopher during the 5th century BCE. He was a student of Socrates and later taught Aristotle. Who was socrates most famous student?
PlatoPlato (428/427 BCE - 348/347 BCE) was the most notable student of Socrates. Socrates' goal was to move his students to a higher level of?
yes, because in schools to pass you need to know how to spell, write, read and have a good vocabulary
- Nowadays, there are more and more students work part-time job in their free time. Actually, a part-time job can provide money and working experience to them. But it partly disturbs their study as well. So the high school students should not be encouraged to have a part-time job because of the following reasons.
Students are often required to do critical thinking when learning a new subject. Proof of this critical thinking can come in the form of a discussion or a written piece.